- This event has passed.
London Spelling Bee (SOLD OUT!)
October 3, 2016 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm£5
Can you spell “gonorrhoea”? Can you use it in a sentence?
Having to wake up in this cringe-worthy world of “gonnas”, “wannas” and “LOLZ” we decided to launch London’s first ever adults only spelling bee! The hilarious night will consist of various rounds of words and their meanings – each more difficult than the last. You can expect anything from Queen’s English and the Oxford Dictionary to profanity and the Urban Dictionary – this is not for the faint-hearted!
How it works:
- Everyone reading will get a number.
- Your number will be called out and you will jump on stage and be given a word to spell.
- You can jump in and spell it straight away or ask for the meaning, origin or to have it in a sentence to help you out.
- If you answer correctly you will go onto the next round.
- If you answer incorrectly you get to hang out and enjoy the madness.
There will be various rounds of spelling. Each round more difficult than the last!
Tickets are at a flat rate whether you would like to compete or just watch and laugh your head off for moral support. Either way it will be HILARIOUS!