1. It’s a great time to focus on YOU: the festive period can be a really great opportunity to reflect on the year coming to a close and what you’d love to create for the year ahead. Here are some questions that can really help:
– What were some of my greatest accomplishments?
– What did I learn this year?
– What could I have done better?
– What am I most grateful for?
– What are my top 3 goals for next year/What intention would I like to set for the new year?
2. No trying to be here, there and everywhere: sometimes, the festive period can just highlight when a crazy busy year it may have been and just how much you really deserve to kick back, relax and do whatever the hell you want, when you want. When coupled up, you often have twice the things to think about as to who wants to do what, who needs to be where and so much more. There’s nothing better than to just doing what you want, when you want and not having to worry about anyone else’s plans! So stick on that onesie, the festive tunes and go crazy dancing around your living room attempting to hit all of Mariah’s high-notes!
3. It’s a great time of year to meet people: with the Christmas parties, dinners and travelling to visit friends and family all over the shop, Christmas time is a great time of year to really connect with a bunch of new people! Say yes to as many invites as you like and use the opportunity to get to know the extended network of your family and friends. You may just find yourself with a whole new crew to hang out with in the new year which flings the doors open to cool new experiences! Double bonus, if you’re single, you don’t have to worry about your significant other and can then leave the parties as early or as late as you’d like – get in!
Whatever you’re up to this Christmas, we here are Smudged would like to wish you an absolutely amazing time and a very Happy New Year!
Photography from welldoing.org