- This event has passed.
London Spelling Bee – Shoreditch
December 12, 2016 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm£5
Before anyone asks again – this is NOT a dating event…. This is for EVERYBODY!
(Tickets just £5, available at the bottom of the page)
The London Spelling Bee
Can you spell “gonorrhoea”? Can you use it in a sentence? After selling out both events this year we thought we’d do one more before Christmas.
Having to wake up in this cringe-worthy world of Facebook posts with the word “you’re” constantly spelt incorrectly we decided to launch London’s first ever adults only spelling bee! The hilarious night consists of various rounds of words and their meanings – each more difficult than the last. You can expect anything from Queen’s English and the Oxford Dictionary to profanity and the Urban Dictionary – this is not for the faint-hearted!
It is now so popular after being featured here on ITV News London that it is now one of London’s biggest cult events!
How the London Spelling Bee works:
- Everyone will get a number.
- Your number will be called out and you will jump on stage and be given a word to spell.
- You can jump in and spell it straight away or ask for the meaning, origin or to have it in a hilarious sentence to help you out.
- If you answer correctly you will go onto the next round.
- If you answer incorrectly you get to hang out and enjoy the madness.
Tickets are at a flat rate whether you would like to compete or just watch and laugh your head off for moral support. Either way it is absolutely HILARIOUS!